To support value creation, the TechnoPro Group defines material issues (materiality) from a management perspective, and aims to achieve sustainable growth by putting them into practice. We periodically revise material issues, key performance indicators (KPIs), and targets as necessary based on changes in the business environment, social trends, and medium-term management plans, while keeping in mind our corporate philosophy and the characteristics of our business.
Material Issues (Materiality)
We strive to create shared value with all stakeholders including engineers, customers and society by utilizing our assets, which are engineers, technological capabilities and business model, as well as aim to achieve sustainable business growth and solve social and environmental issues by developing and operating a solid management foundation.
Raising Everyone’s Potential
- Proactive investment in human resource development
- Pursue rewarding work and employee satisfaction
- Maximize engineers' opportunities to flourish
- Achieve human resource diversity and equal opportunity
- Resolve shortage of engineering personnel and promote innovation
Contributing to Society through the Power of Technology
- Realize high-value-added solutions
- Use digital technologies to achieve business innovation
- Accelerate domestic and overseas business
- Solve problems of customer through technology
- Resolve social and environmental issues through business with customer
A Trusted Partner
- Observe ethics and compliance
- Ensure health and safety of the working environment
- Thoroughly protect information security and privacy
- Respect human rights
- Minimize environmental impact
A Sustainably Growing Company
- Reinforce governance
- Engage in investor dialog and transparent disclosure
- Execute appropriate capital policy
- Enhance business continuity in times of emergency
The Materiality Definition and Revision Process
We extracted issues based on their degree of impact, both for the Group’s stakeholders and for the Group.
When defining these issues, we reflected the opinions of outside experts and outside directors, as well as department heads and people in charge of business units.
We then grouped the material issues according to four themes, clarifying their content. At the same time, we set key performance indicators (KPIs) and targets for each theme. Latest important challenges in conjunction with our medium-term management plan, KPIs and targets were decided after the discussions at the board meeting. We will keep monitoring the progress while promoting the framework to achieve these goals.
STEP 1: Ascertaining the Issues
Based on international guidelines and principles, we extract issues, taking into account social issues and stakeholders’ requests.
STEP 2: Ordering the Issues
We select and add industry- or Group-specific issues.
STEP 3: Defining the Issues
Following discussions among outside experts, outside directors, department heads and people in charge of business units, the issues are deliberated and approved by the Board of Directors.
STEP 4: Goal setting and Performance disclosure
We quantitative key performance indicators (KPIs) and target values, and disclose annual results on the progress and achievement of initiatives.